When does SwiftoDo sync the todo.txt file?
SwiftoDo’s file sync is very simple, in large part due to the need to support various file sync providers, each of which offers different degrees of integration with iOS and the Files app.
SwiftoDo will download your task list from your file sync provider each time you open or return to the app. It will also do so when you pull-to-refresh the task list.
SwiftoDo will upload your task list to your file sync provider after every change you make to the task list in SwiftoDo.
What about archiving?
The general file sync process for archiving is as follows:
- Copy the completed tasks from the todo.txt file.
- Download the archive file.
- Modify the local copy of the archive file. Specifically, insert the copied, completed tasks from the todo.txt file to the bottom of the archive file.
- Upload the modified archive file.
- Delete the archived, completed tasks from the todo.txt file.
- Upload the local copy of the todo.txt file.